Pages

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Actually, I hate it when people text while I'm talking

So, today I went to an advance screening of Hit and Run. Don't click this link if you care about spoilers. It was advance in the sense that other theaters in the city won't have it until Friday despite the premier being a full seven days ago. Oh Canada, you're almost as slow as I am in the uptake of media.

The plotline is that Charlie Bronson must drive his always politically correct girlfriend to L.A. It did make me laugh and it was interesting/exciting enough that I did not fall asleep. To put this into context: I fall asleep during everything and did the so for The Avengers, which didn't deserve the amount of hype that it received.

I thoroughly disagree with the 5.9/10 rating that is on IMDb at the time of my writing this. That's only 0.7 more than Paul Blart: Mall Cop, a movie that is objectively bad. I can only assume that this rating will go up because it's absolutely fantastic. Unlike a lot of movie that shoehorn certain things in, the movie felt very organic. The chemistry between the onscreen couple was very natural (and if it wasn't, I'd question their real life engagement). I would recommend it the people who like watching movies that are genuinely good. It's a movie that is good not because of a huge budget or a ton of ~special effects~ but the acting and directing are done well. Kudos to Shepard for putting so much work into it because it paid off. I liked it enough to actually tweet him about it

I do have to gripe about the line to get into the theater though. I was there half an hour early and it still went through a lot of the theater. People, do something better with your life. The look of the woman in the very front of line was one tiredness and defeat. It probably wasn't worth it because there were still seats available. I hope you were satisfied lady, because I thought I was too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment